Natural Beaded Rows
After lots of research and trial and error, I found Natural Beaded Rows. Now I will only offer this method. This method blends with your natural hair more beautifully then any other method I have come across. The amazing part is it does so with little to no damage. NBR requires no tape, no glue, no bonds. Removal is quick and easy and does not involve any harsh chemicals or removers. I love this method, and I am confident you will too!
Natural Beaded Rows uses hand tied wefts. These wefts are more delicate and thin then machine tide wefts. This allows the wefts to be stacked together without being bulky. The biggest difference with this method is the point of attachment. Some method require many rows or attachments and affect most of the hair on your head. NBR is the opposite. Most clients only require one row. This leaves most of the natural hair completely unaffected. Each row will hold 1-6 wefts. This allows me to custom blend colors for a completely blended and beautiful finished product.
NBR are attached at the scalp. This means that they grow out with your hair and will need to be tightened/moved up as your hair grows. I recommend my extension clients come in every 6-8 weeks for a maintenance appointment. A good rule of thumb is when you feel like your hair color/roots need touched up, it is a good time to do a move up on your extensions. Most of my clients choose to do color and extension maintenance in one sitting. We will continue to use the same hair for a few months depending on how well the hair is taken care of. Most extension hair will last 6-9 months with the proper care.
Extension hair also requires more attention then your natural hair. Extension hair tends to be dryer and tangles easily. Extra attention is required to prevent this. I highly recommend using an oil daily to keep the hair moisturized and tangle free. Brushing the hair is also vital to keep it tangle free. Use extra care when brushing, support the row by holding the top of it while you work out tangles. I recommend brushing before a shower or before bed. Using a brush specifically designed for extensions will prevent breakage. Never brush the hair when it is wet. Wet hair will stretch and snap. The area most likely to become tangled is near the top of the row. I recommend using a comb on this area. If the hair cannot be tangle free before a maintenance appointment then it is time to buy new hair. I will not work with tangles at a maintenance appointment. If hair is tangled you may come in for a 20min appointment with me. I will work on the tangles and determine if it is something that can be fixed or if it is time to order new hair. Any extra time spent will be an additional cost.
Hair can be worn up with this method. However, I do not recommend wearing the hair up for the first three days. The attachment points will be tight in the beginning. Wearing your hair up may cause too much tension and stress on the points of attachment. I also recommend wearing the hair in a braid or loose bun while sleeping. Doing so will keep the hair from becoming tangled during the night.
Am I ready for the upkeep required with extensions?
- Extensions require using professional products.
- Extensions require more drying/styling/brushing time.
Will extensions work with my hair?
- Not recommended for frizzy/curly hair.
- Not recommended if hair is thinning/falling out in large quantities.
Will they bug me?
- Even though they hide well, some people do not like feeling the attachment near the scalp.
- Trying a hairpiece such as clip ins is a great way to test it out.
- The only true way to know if you will like them is to get them installed and wear them for a while.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
- Come with clean, dry hair. Do not use excessive amounts of product before your visit.
- Color should be exactly as you want it before extensions are installed.
- Do not get your hair cut before your appointment. Blunt ends are hard to blend with the extensions. I will be cutting everything to blend at your install appointment.
What should I expect?
- The extensions will take some getting used to.
- After being installed your scalp will need to adjust to the new weight of the hair.
- For 1-3 days you will feel tension at the points of attachment.
- If for any reason your scalp is irritated or you feel pulling beyond the first few days please text me immediately. (913) 787.5072
I'm not sure my hair is long enough. How can I be sure?
- Text me! I'd love to do a quick consultation with you by phone. (913) 787-5072
- Send me photos of your hair.
- Send me a detailed description of your hair type. (straight, silky, thin, thick)
I don't think I'm a good candidate for extensions. Are there any other options?
- Yes! I carry halo extensions as well. These are a removable hair piece like clip-ins, only much more comfortable and easy to put in!
- Come in for a quick consultation with me and I can show you how it works, and color match you.
The initial install appointment includes the cost of the hair, the install, and a cut to blend. Color is an additional cost. I supply all of the hair and will not work with any other hair. Too many times I have attempted this. Unfortunately a lot of the hair that can be purchased by the public online is not what it claims to be. I purchase my hair from a supplier that only sells to licensed individuals and this allows for better quality control.
Install One Row Starting at $450
Install Two Rows Starting at $650
Maintenance One Row $150
Maintenance Two Rows $200